- July 18, 2023
- Posted by: Masters
- Category: Blog
Renting a property is very common, not only in Pakistan but all around the world. When as a tenant you plan to rent a property, you can get a suitable place to live with your family. On the other hand, landlords can generate income through rent.
However, the process is not as simple as it looks. To ensure the process goes on smoothly between the two parties, a rent agreement is necessary. Now the rent agreement laws differ in countries. So, when it comes to the rent agreement in Pakistan, you should know what is included in it.
But before getting into the details, have you ever heard of a rent agreement or not? Well, allow us to tell you that it is a sort of contract between landlord and tenant. Different sorts of terms & conditions are included in the agreement, such as:
- The Rent Amount
- Rent Payment Schedule
- Security Deposit Amount
- And So On
These agreements are helpful as it allows both parties to understand one another. Also, both parties get an option to say no to the deal if they don’t like any of the points on the spot.
Now that you have learned about the agreement itself, it is time to learn the other details regarding the rent agreement. So read the blog till the last word!
Table of Contents
What Is the Law for Rent Agreement in Pakistan?
Now that you have learned the basics of the rent agreement, it is time to learn everything in depth. Both tenants and landlords need to understand their rights. Because once you are aware of your rights, you can stay away from trouble.
Now allow us to tell you that a rental agreement is something that can be spoken or written. But no matter what the scenario is, both parties must sign the agreement. However, it has been seen that in Pakistan people don’t pay attention to the agreement. This is something that causes trouble for tenants mainly.
So, if you are about to sign an agreement sooner or later, here are the points that you must remember.
- Before you sign an agreement, make sure to read it. Even if the agreement is presented to you by your dear friend. In case, you don’t understand any term or condition, ask about it from the other party on the spot. Also, make sure in the agreement rent, payment schedule, and everything else is mentioned.
- Before signing the contract, also ensure that as a tenant you inspect the property. Make sure the property doesn’t have any serious damages or other issues.
- As a landlord, you should know your rights and keeping that in mind, talk with the tenant accordingly. Such as, ask the tenant to take care of your property and at the end of the contract return it to you in good condition. As otherwise you become eligible to keep the security.
- As a tenant, don’t forget to verify all the landlord credentials. For example, whether they are the owner of the home or not. So, later you don’t fall into scams of any type.
- Whatever, both parties are talking about, make sure to write it down on the contract before signing it. In this way, no one will be able to say no to anything.
- Lastly, it is better to have a professional by your side as they understand things better and can finalize a suitable deal for you.
Rent Agreement Format
There is a rental agreement format that includes:
- Address and Name of Both Parties (Tenant & Landlord)
- Agreement Duration
- Payable Rent and Scheduled Date for Payment
- Total Security Deposit Amount
- For Which Purpose the Party Is Renting a Property
- Other Terms & Conditions
- Both Parties Rights
Now coming back to the stamp paper, the stamp number is on the person’s name who prepared the agreement. Now it can be either a landlord or a tenant or a representative of both parties.
Different Types of Rent Agreement in Pakistan
Different types of rent agreements used in Pakistan are discussed below. But first, let us tell you that the difference in these agreements is not much. However, the name is given to the agreements to ease the hassle and eliminate confusion.
- TRO: TRO stands for Tenant’s Rent Agreement. This is the simplest form of agreement. In this agreement rent rate, tenancy period, and similar things are included.
- TLA: TLA stands for Tenant Lease Agreement. It is an amount in which everything is similar to the TRO. However, it also includes property descriptions.
- LRA: LRA stands for Landlord Rent Agreement. This is an agreement in which all the landlord’s responsibilities during the tenancy period are mentioned, including rent rate, tenancy period, and property description.
- Tenant’s Lease Extension: This is an agreement that is specifically designed for tenants when they plan to extend the lease. In this agreement rent rate, tenancy period, and property description. Also, the tenant’s obligation statement is included in the contract.
- Landlord’s Lease Extension: This is an agreement that is specifically designed for landlords when they plan to extend the lease term. In this agreement rent rate, tenancy period, and property description. Also, the landlord’s obligation statement is included in the contract.
- Rent Agreement for Commercial Properties: For commercial properties, an agreement is designed in which the rent rate, tenancy period, property description, and tenant’s obligation statement are included in the contract.
- Rent Agreement for Residential Properties: For residential properties, an agreement is designed in which the rent rate, tenancy period, property description, and tenant’s obligation statement are included in the contract.
- Rent Extension Agreement: If as a landlord or tenant, you want to extend the rent agreement, you can. But for that, you have to sign an agreement too.
So if you are planning to rent out your property for so long but weren’t able to do that because you have no idea about the laws or agreements, now you know. So it is time to shine. Similarly, as a tenant now you know your responsibilities and even rights.
However, if you still have a bit of confusion, feel free to contact professionals like us, as we are always available for assistance.
Read More: Lahore Smart City Payment Plan 2023